Analytica Training courses help you rapidly learn the best practices for modeling and how to apply Analytica software to real-life problems. You work hands-on with your own laptop. The training includes course notes and tutorial files.
We offer a four-morning on-line training. The next online training has been scheduled for September 21-24th, 2020. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to attend
Focus of Training
The four-day webinar provides concentrated training on how to create and use decision models to provide sound results and real insights for more effective decision-making in your organization. It is intended for those who have some experience in building models, perhaps with spreadsheets, and want to expand their skills. It combines high-level training on essential concepts for effective model-building with hands-on training on how to exploit the power of Analytica.
We invite you to bring your own ideas for modeling projects — including spreadsheets or Analytica prototype models — to provide real-world examples to work on during the training.
On the fourth day, you may wish to bring materials, such as an existing spreadsheet or initial Analytica model, that you would like to refine.
Each session will include clear explanations with how-to demos, hands-on exercises, and extensive Q&A.
- Day 1
- Navigating an Analytica Model
- Structuring problems with Influence Diagrams
- Day 2
- Intro to Intelligent Arrays — the key to Analytica
- Visualizing results with graphs and tables
- Advanced Intelligent Arrays
- Day 3
- Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis
- Dynamic models over time with feedbacks
- Designing clear user interfaces and Analytica Cloud Platform
- Day 4
- Creating user-defined functions
- Formulating and solving problems with the Optimizer
- Importing and exporting data with CSV, Excel, JSON, and Databases
- An agile process to develop effective models to delight your clients
Approaches and techniques will be illustrated with examples selected from a variety of fields
Example models used in training session
- Product lifecycle and market analysis
- R&D portfolio management
- Customer-centered product design and development
- Environmental risk analysis
- Market timing and the competitive landscape
- Oil and gas exploration
- Internet business and marketing models
All instructors have extensive experience in developing decision-support applications using Analytica and other applications. They have worked as consultants on a wide variety of applications in business and public sector problems.
Computer requirements and training materials
You will need your own laptop computer. Participants will receive a copy of the curriculum ahead of time.
Payment and cancellation
The price for the full four mornings is $1,500/person. If three or more participants from the same company attend, the price is $1,200/person.