Careers at Lumina
Lumina is a small, growing software and consulting company, and creator of the Analytica modeling software. Lumina provides consulting and advanced analytic software to help organizations make challenging decisions in energy, environment, transport, finance, healthcare, and more. Lumina’s clients range from clean-tech start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, utilities, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Department of Energy, and the World Bank.
We have an office in Campbell, CA just steps from the beautiful Los Gatos Creek Trail in Silicon Valley. Long before COVID-19, Lumina gave it’s employees the flexibility to work from home or work at our office. We feel very strongly about minimizing our environmental impact by reducing commute time, and allowing our employees to work where they are most productive.
For those who enjoy decision science, analytics, or software development, Lumina is a great place to apply your talents to interesting and important problems. We are passionate about helping find a paths to the future that is environmentally and economically sustainable.
We are currently hiring. If you think you could be a good fit for any of the jobs listed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an experienced energy modeler, consultant, or analyst and you think you would be a good fit at Lumina, do not hesitate to send your resume to email@example.com. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if a position opens up.
Lumina is seeking an experienced software sales manager with interest in analytics software. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in software sales, and wants to lead and develop sales activities.
- Sustain our current customer base though support, renewal, and expansion of subscriptions.
- Respond promptly to inbound leads and qualify accurately.
- Manage, improve, and track email campaigns for trial and new users, and reminders for renewals.
- Identify and implement innovative sales and promotion strategies and pricing ideas.
- Manage and schedule sales and marketing engagements, web meetings, training, and industry events.
- Coordinate and collaborate with marketing, support, and consulting staff.
- Track and analyze results with periodic sales reports to the whole team.
- As we grow, recruit, hire, mentor, and retain inside sales talent.
- Thorough understanding of the sales process.
- Previous experience selling software or technical services.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build rapport with customers.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in a small company environment
- We prefer someone local who can come into our office in Campbell, near San Jose, CA, a couple of days a week, but we will consider a person who can work remotely.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Interest in learning analytics and decision analysis
- Interest in energy and climate and moving our World on a more sustainable path.
Lumina is seeking an outstanding software developer. This is a great opportunity for someone who has already demonstrated excellence and flexibility as a developer, but always wants to improve their skills and broaden their experience while working on important and exciting products. You will be closely mentored by a truly outstanding software engineer, who is also an easy person to work with. You will join as a core member of a small team on development of existing and new products.
We are looking for someone who is versatile, a fast learner, and a natural problem solver.
- Excellent skills and at least 3 years of experience in software development
- Solid C++ development skills in Windows
- Some experience with at least 2 other programming languages
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Reprise software or similar license management
- Analytica, C#, Python, NSIS, or PHP
- Cloud server experience (GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes)
- Excel spreadsheet programming
- Decision analysis and probabilistic models
- Data analysis, machine learning
- SQL and relational database management
- Quantitative multi-dimensional modeling, or OLAP (or business intelligence systems)
- Enthusiasm for building software tools to help move our planet onto a more sustainable path
Please send your resume and a sample of your software, if available, to careers@Lumina.com