Jobs at Lumina
Lumina is a small, growing software and consulting company, and creator of the Analytica modeling software. We are based in Los Gatos, the nicest corner of Silicon Valley. Lumina provides consulting and advanced analytic software to help organizations make challenging decisions in energy, environment, transport, finance, healthcare, and more. Lumina’s clients range from clean-tech start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, utilities, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Department of Energy, and the World Bank. A Lumina project, led by CEO Max Henrion, won the 2014 Decision Analysis Practice Award from the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society and Society for Decision Professionals.
For those who enjoy decision science, analytics, or software development, Lumina is a great place to apply your talents to interesting and important problems. Modelers and analysts find our software helps make their work more fun and productive. Most of our consulting focuses on energy and environment. We are passionate about helping find a paths to the future that is environmentally and economically sustainable. We get to work with outstanding, multi-talented colleagues and fascinating clients, providing ample opportunities to learn in depth about new domains and technologies.
We are currently hiring. If you think you could be a good fit for any of the jobs listed below, please contact us at email@example.com.
Senior Energy Consultant
Lumina Decision Systems is seeking an experienced energy modeler to take a leadership role in building our energy practice. Lumina is a small, growing software and consulting company, creator of Analytica modeling software, based in Campbell, California, in Silicon Valley. Lumina provides consulting and advanced analytic software to help organizations make challenging decisions in energy, environment, transport, finance, and healthcare. Lumina’s clients range from clean-tech start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, utilities, the NREL, Department of Energy, and the World Bank. A Lumina team won the 2014 Decision Analysis Practice Award from the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society.
You must have:
- A graduate degree in science, engineering, operations research, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience building substantial computer models of energy, environmental, or economic systems
- Outstanding analytic and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills for engaging with clients
- Excellent writing skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise in optimization and statistics
- Expertise in decision analysis and systems dynamics
- PhD in science, engineering, operations research, or economics
- Experience in energy analytics and electric power markets
- Programming and software development
- Experience with Analytica or other state-of-the-art modeling tools
- Experience in teaching or coaching
- Publications in a relevant area and interest in continuing to publish
- A passion for developing practical solutions to move our world onto a sustainable path.
Please provide your resume and a sample of your writing — a technical article and also, if you have one, an informal piece for a wider audience, e.g. a blog post or magazine article. Email to careers@Lumina.com
Lumina is seeking a skilled quantitative analyst with a background in B2B models who wants to build on their skills to become an experienced decision consultant.
You must have:
- A Masters degree in science, engineering, operations research, or other quantitative discipline
- Aptitude for working on complex analytical problems in a software environment
- Outstanding analytic, quantitative and business skills
- Ability to communicate with clients in writing and in person
Nice to have experience in:
- Decision analysis and/or systems dynamics
- Optimization and statistics
- Energy analytics or financial markets
- Analytica or other state-of-the-art modeling tools
- Programming and software development
- Coaching or teaching
- A passion for developing practical solutions to move our world onto a more sustainable path
Please email your resume and a sample of your writing — a technical article and, if you have one, also an informal piece for a wider audience, e.g. a blog post or magazine article to careers@Lumina.com.
Lumina is seeking an outstanding software developer. Lumina is a small growing software company, located in the south corner of Silicon Valley. This is a great opportunity for someone who has already demonstrated excellence and flexibility as a developer, but always wants to improve their skills and broaden their experience while working on important and exciting products. You will be closely mentored by a truly outstanding software engineer, who is also an easy person to work with. You will join as a core member of a small team on development of existing and new products.
We are looking for someone who is versatile, a fast learner, and a natural problem solver. You must have
- Excellent skills and at least 3 years of experience in software development
- Solid C++ development skills in Windows
- Some experience with at least 2 other programming languages
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
You should have experience with some of these:
- Reprise software or similar license management
- Analytica, C#, Python, NSIS, or PHP
- Cloud server experience (GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes)
- Excel spreadsheet programming
- Decision analysis and probabilistic models
- Data analysis, machine learning
- SQL and relational database management
- Quantitative multi-dimensional modeling, or OLAP (or business intelligence systems)
- Enthusiasm for building software tools to help move our planet onto a more sustainable path
Please provide your resume and a sample of your software, if available. Email to careers@Lumina.com