Free tickets to Risk Awareness Week 2020
Risk Awareness Week (RAW) from October 12 to 16, 2020. RAW is the premium online conference with 50+ talks and workshops on integrating risk management into decision making, planning, project management, performance, and more. RAW has always been global and online — and highly interactive. It has an amazing line-up of top speakers, including;
- Max Henrion, CEO of Lumina, will talk on “Why consider uncertainty? The value of knowing how little you know”, with an Analytica demo showing how to estimate the Expected Value of Including Uncertainty (EVIU).
- Sam Savage, Executive Director of ProbabilityManagement.org, and author of the Flaw of Averages. “Military Readiness Modeling:…”
- Torsten Rohner, founder of Syconomic in Leipzig, Germany, will demo an exciting Analytica model. “What’s the point of financial modeling when ignoring risks?”
- Robert Brown III, Sr Strategy Analyst at Novelis, and a long-time Analytica advocate. “Production Recovery Planning in the Time of Disruptive Pandemic: Using Bayesian Thinking to Augment Scenario Analysis”
- Eng-Wee Yeo, Principal in Technology Risk Modeling at Kaiser Permanente, in Denver, CO. “Decision Support for Security Projects in a VUCA Environment”
Lumina is offering a free ticket to RAW 2020 (normally $100 each) to the first 10 people. Email your request now to RAW2020@Lumina.com. A ticket lets you attend any talk and view videos at any time.
Learn about Uncertainty from the Master
Learn about probability management from one of its founders. Join Dr. Sam Savage for Introduction to Probability Management, a new self-paced EdX course offered by Stanford Online.
- How to recognize the Flaw of Averages, us the Arithmetic of Uncertainty, and perform interactive simulations that may be shared with any Excel user.
Successful Analytica Training Online
James Milford and Max Henrion gave an online Analytica training for four half-days on September 21-24. There were 28 participants from 4 continents and 5 countries and 8 companies including teams from Kaiser Permanente, the Chilean Department of Environment, Centre for Social and Economic Progress in Delhi, and grad students from Stanford University, University of Calgary, and West Point.
If you are interested in training, please contact email@example.com
Jaya Joy Retires
Jaya Hoy, Lumina’s Customer Support Manager for more than 16 years, is retiring. Over the last two months, Jaya has welcomed Geoffrey Fong and trained him to replace her. Jaya says, “Geoffrey has learned rapidly. I know I am leaving my customers in safe hands.”
Many Analytica users have come to know her and appreciate how well she has assisted and served them. She has always been a vocal spokesperson to represent the customers’ point of view within Lumina.
Some quotes from our customers:
“You are awesome! Super thanks for all the work over the years.”
“Thank you for your efficient support with Analytica, I have appreciated your professionalism with a personal touch.”
“You have always shown in your emails a warm and human element…I will miss your presence.”
All of us at Lumina thank Jaya for her dedication and hard work. We will miss her and we wish her the very best in following her passions. Jaya is an accomplished pianist and will now have much more time to devote to her new enthusiasm, playing the harpsichord!
Thinking of her will always bring a smile to our faces!