Clear all

Copying and pasting icons

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@agy79a6q5vx0nbjjxy0vsixsg9b3)

How do I copy and paste an icon created within a node into another node?  This is almost surely easy, but I'm doing something wrong. I can duplicate the node and then change its title, description, and definition, but that is an awkward way to proceed if the intent is to duplicate icons across a number of existing nodes.

3 Replies
Lonnie Chrisman
Admin
(@lchrisman)

In edit mode, select the node, then click on the image/icon within the node. You should notice that the four selection handles that appear at the corners are now surrounding the image rather than surrounding the entire node.  With the image selected, select Edit / Copy (or just press Ctrl+C).  Then click on the second node and select Edit / Paste (or press Ctrl+V).  

(@drice)

Those instructions for copying work for images in nodes (i.e., that were pasted into the node from an external source, or from another image in the model). But there seems to be a bug with hand-drawn icons (i.e., ones you draw using "Edit Icon" on the diagram menu) in which Edit/Copy doesn't copy them.  Paul might have encountered that. Looks like this stopped working a long time ago (like release 5.0) and went undetected until now (I don't think those anachronistic icons get must usage anymore). It is now logged in our bug base.

Customer
Topic starter
(@agy79a6q5vx0nbjjxy0vsixsg9b3)

Dale, that bug explains the problem.  I was indeed working with a hand-drawn icon.  THe instructions given above didn't work

Share: